Sunday, January 21, 2018

Week 2: Prologue of Me (Jose)

            Reading and I was never a good comp for me.  Growing up I had a speech impediment and when it came to read in class as a kid kicked up my anxiety and made me hate books.  I low-key enjoy reading but just don’t do it.  I don’t do it because of laziness and haven’t put the time to looking for something of my interest.  In middle school I found a few books I enjoyed but just had no thrill for them.  As I got older I lost the little passion I had for the small category of books I enjoyed. 

When I did enjoy reading, I enjoyed fantasy, horror, comics, and Action & Adventure.  With reading assignments becoming longer pieces to read for school assignments, my own time for reading things I wanted, become very limited.  But from middle school to high school there were some books I enjoyed and was inspired to possibly make into an adaptation film.  The only book I can remember I would create an adaptation to is The Last Book in The Universe.  The book was a fictional book about a post-apocalyptic world in search for the last book in the universe.


Towards my senior year in high school and even today I try to read books that will help me in my career.  So I tend to sticking to non-factual books that talk about cinematography, lighting, writing, and directing.  I also tend to read books that talk about self marketing and networking.  I plan to start looking towards fictional books to stimulate my creativity for creative writing and character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment