Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 13: Curate Yourself (The Last Book in the Universe)


I could never give you a book recommendation.   I was the weird kid who always liked math and was great at it.  The only reason I would go to the book fair was too look for anything that had a toy or science-y thing with it.  But if I could give one a book to look into, is the book called The Last Book in the Universe.
Instead people having the options to read books, in this distastes future, people turn to this thing called Mindprobes, this almost drug like method of injecting ‘moving images’ or movies in your head.  This allows sort of an escape for one.
I first read The Last Book in the Universe way back in middle and was now looking back to rereading it soon to possibly write a screenplay for it.   The story takes place in a futuristic world that is filled with chaos and anarchy.  We follow a young boy by the name of Spaz, a boy from poverty and nothing, who sets out on a dangerous journey to a great well living place called the Eden.
When I first read this book I instantly feel in love with the world and Spaz’s character. The story to me has a mixture of Star Wars (Anakin’s story arch) and Ready Player One.  The ending is a bit foggy in my mind since it’s been a while I read it, but it is a sad ending that still well settling.

No comments:

Post a Comment