Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 7: Reading Virtual Reality


I was late to responding to Ready Player One and have seen the movie now.  I first heard of Ready Player One through the film trailers.  When it came time to reading it in class, I was a bit disappointed at the story arch.  I found myself really drawn to the surrounding and atmosphere and of course the nostalgia of the 80s, but something about the characters lacked in both book and film.
Most often adaptation films change a lot or leave a lot out from the book in order to help the story or characters.  Lately adaptation films have been good at trying to keep both similar. In this case I could agree the film and book share a ton of material.
My major disappointment had to come from the Wade’s character structure and the overall ending of the film and book.  The film seems to be about enjoying the game for what is is and not just being the best or reaching the finale.  The ending seemed to have came too suddenly especially for a kid who lost an aunt but yet satisfying to see how he changes the Oasis, to help keep people grounded to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment